Friday 11 June 2010

Another Day in Gombak. Day 5

Another day in paradise... to me.

Mr. Fred is is Gombak for the nite. Fells bliss that your love ones are under the same roof. He arrived just sometime before Maghrib and after the three-rakaat requirement to our Maker, we headed to Ikea. I have plans to convert Susi's room into the kids main laire. I feel it is about time that the children should sleep separately from us, the adults. But just Farhan and Khadijah for the time being.

The kids were jumping up and joy, trying out beds and kid's furniture, while I was browsing though night lamps for the room, when suddenly, jeng..jeng..jng.. Ikea experienced a black-out. Khadijah shouted for me in terror and I was rather surprised the two smaller infants kept their cool. In one minute, the emergency lights were on as I was gropping my way towards them. The alarms went off and the best thing was, everyone in Ikea kept their calm and could still continue shopping and putting things into their trolleys. Trust us Malaysians to boost up the economy at all times, eh? I gathered a flower-shaped light and grabbed Fatin and Khadijah while Mr. Fred held on to Farhan and Farah. As we went down the escalators manually, the announcements were made to keep the customers' reassurance, which I felt was rather unnecessary as they were still shopping and moving at their own sweet pace to the check-out counter. But one good thing about this foreign-and-big-name-shopping-centre is all emergencies are handled well and efficiently that by the time the Fared clan reached the cash registers, the lights were on and everything went back to normal. And hey presto, we contributed RM400+ to the sales last night. Huhu... (mujur ader blackout, kalau idak... I shudder thinking about it!)

This morning, after a very simple breakfast, Mr.Fred, Farah, Fatin and I, hopped on Abang Hezal's bike and took a ride at the Gombak residential area. Ronda2 and we stopped for another round of morning drink at Restoran Taqwa. It felt just right, hanging out there, drinking our coffee and teh tarik while the two Fs had nasi lemak. May not be as savvy as hanging out in Damansara or Bangsar, but still... cool enuff for me. Hehehe

So, todays lunch menu was cooked rather early in light of Friday prayers...

Nasi putih (picture courtesy of Google)


Ayam Masak Asam Pedas

Kobis Masak Lemak


Ayam Goreng Kicap (for the kids)