Thursday 7 July 2011

Mak rajin nokkss...

It ain't easy for a leopard to change its spots, nor for an old dog to learn new tricks. But this coming-to-age-lady must learn to make changes if she wish to lead a better life. Huhu... as the header says, I must at least work hard on it. 

So, last nite, I turned in early (at 10.30 pm), and was able to wake up at 5.00. Earlier that nite, I had soaked the meehoon (vermicelli) and some dried chillies. Peeled the required ingredients and all that I deemed necessary in cooking fried mee hoon. Hence, I would have little to no problem in cooking a storm breakfast today.Macam nak buat kenduri jer my kecohness ni.... Hehehe

I finished up messing the kitchen and leaving the whole jumbo-mumbo for the maid to clean up (heck, that's what maids are for, rite?), it was still early. So, I watched a little tv while getting ready for work. Then, on the way to school, I realised that I should have used the time to recite the Quran. Dapat several lines pun jadiklah. Geeshh... should have used my time wisely from now on. Memang susah nak jadi baik ni sebenarnya, but I hope that Allah will help to lead me the right way throughout my life and after. 

Back to the rajin part of my life today, it does feel good to see your husband and child gobbling down the food that you had prepared. Khadijah was able to recite Al-Fatihah rather loud, compared to previous mornings where I often had to asked her to recite louder. Hmm... a motivation for me to be a diligent mum.

Anyone reading this blog may wonder what's the big deal in preparing a very simple dish as fried mee hoon and it deserves a place in my blog. The answers are simple, 1. hey, it's my blog, I can write on anything that crosses my mind. 2. for a lazy and knows-nothing-about-cooking bum like me, hebatlah tu. 3. I have no idea what to share actually. Hehehe


So, let me end by showing you my breakfast for the day. (Kurang sikit contribution to Mizan's coffer)