Friday 23 July 2010

My new age resolutions... at the age of 35

  1. Try very and extremely hard to work on my health. Hence, I will watch what I eat, consume more spirulina or other supplements, and exercise. If I don't have the time for a jog, I will pocho-pocho and chicken dance with the kids. I'm sure the girls would love it, especially Farah over the Chicken Dance. I am doing this not because of the size factor, but, family and mind factor. I was inspired by a friend's blog http://www.onebreastbouncing.blogspot.com/ who had fought cancer for seven years. She passed away last Monday, just two days before her 40th birthday. As we share the same birthdate, it hit me right at the nerve. It is like a signal, a beacon... a reminder that it is never too late for anything..
  2. Less worries and less fussy over petty matters. The house would always require constant clean-up, dusting and washing. Housework will never be done, especially when you have 4 bubbly children in the house. Thus, I shall learn to refrain from pinching and ordering my older kids to keep things in line. Instead, I will use my creativity to rope them in doing the chores, and reward them after doing so. I will learn to keep one eye shut over spilled drinks at the kitchen floors, plastic bags strewn on the floor. Instead of yelling, I should just hand them the rag and softly, yet sternly, ask them to lend me a helping hand. I don't want them to grow up being spoilt eh? Therefore, being stern is a must factor. Bukan garang tapi tegas. Fuuhhh...
  3. Allocate more time for clean ups, less time for napping. I will hang the clothes to be dried in the evenings instead of the early hours in the morning. Therefore, leaving me more time for a proper clean up. Waaahhhhh...
  4. Since I kinda like this new domesticated-side-of-mine, I will give myself household gadgets as a reward and motivation. I have already several items in mind... such as these. LOL


Anyways, these are just resolutions. I'm putting it on air as it would serve as a reminder for me to get my acts correct. After all, I would like to be looked as a model for my children. and hubby too. But most importantly, I would cherish my life and the opprtunities that Allah has bestowed upon me. Alhamdulillah.... May He always grant me with happiness, rezeki, good health and a lot more. And most importantly that I would always be under His guidance and His care throughout in my life. AMIN!